NOSA (Nazareth Old Students’ Association) an alumni association of Nazareth academy, Gaya organized the NOSA Annual Reunion at Nazareth Academy, Gaya where the Nazareth Ex-student, Dr. (Mrs.) Bindu Singh, Senior Professor and the past District Governor of Rotary was the Chief Guest who lit the Inaugural Lamp.
The meeting was chaired by Dr. (Mrs.) Kanchan Verma, President NOSA who delivered the welcome address.
Dr. (Mrs.) Bindu Singh in her address spoke about the old memories which are refreshed by such programmes and assured of any sort of assistance which can be provided by Rotary.
Mr. Neeraj Gupta, treasurer NOSA presented the accounts of NOSA for the year.
In absence of Mr. Gopal Gupta, treasurer, Sr. Eugenia Charitable Trust Mr. Neeraj Gupta presented the statement of accounts of the trust. It was laudable to see more than Rs. 500000 collected by Nazareth ex students for social works.
Mr. Priye Ranjan Dwyer, Secretary, NOSA reported that during the year the following activities were taken up by NOSA:
- Dental Health Check up camp for primary section students of Nazareth Academy held in the month of August, 2017. Dr. Amithabh Bhadani, Dr. Sabahat Noor, Dr. Fahad Sidiqui and Dr. (Mrs.) Rashmi Tiwari did the check-up.
- Distribution of shawls among leprosy patients at Jan Hit Sewa Ashram, Sonabigha, Gaya and also among the destitute patients at Railway Church being run by Missionaries of Charity Brothers, Gaya
- Teachers Day was celebrated in a special way by donation of a ceiling Fan and a Tube light to our former teacher Miss Teresa Toppo.
- Raised funds for Flood Relief from NOSA members. Gave orientation among the students of Nazareth Academy for being an integral part in the development of nation and to come forward with donation for the Flood Relief. Jointly NOSA and Nazareth Academy gave Rs. 31560 for the same.
- Sr. Anne Marie, Chief Patron was accompanied by few NOSA members to Rajgir and distributed education material and eatables among the weaker section of the society coming from the Manjhi community.
- A Charity show “Toilet – Ek Prem Katha” was screen at APR and Rs. 40000 was raised for charity purposes.
- The Constitution Committee of NOSA made necessary amendments in the Memorandum of Association of NOSA suitable for registration under the government regulations.
The general body adapted the Memorandum of Association for NOSA which is going to be registered in Bihar.
The NOSA members enjoyed the reunion with their spouses in the beautifully decorated auditorium with games (tug of war, passing the hat), musical band and sumptuous lunch.
The programme was anchored by Mrs. Rinku Mitra, Vice President, NOSA. Sr. Sophie, Principal, Nazareth Academy and Patron of NOSA was also present.
The programme ended with a vote of thanks by Miss Nargis Sultana and the national anthem.
Priye Ranjan Dwyer (Secretary)